provincial liquor boards provide a number of merchandising and promotion
program opportunities to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands. All program
initiatives must be applied for through formal applications based on specified
promotion criteria. Display programs
are available for virtually
all products. These programs include:
- Floor displays primarily for high-volume brands.
- Shelf extenders primarily for medium-volume brands.
- Shelf talkers can be used for new, low-volume
or super-premium brands.
KIRKWOOD DIAMOND CANADA features brands
- Limited-time offers (LTOs) or price reductions.
- Value-add offer of an item or 50 ml miniature attached to a host
- Value-add items of branded non-liquid items
- Air Miles reward programs offering Air Miles points with
- Contests for prizes such as branded items, trips or merchandise.
- Neck tags for product information, recipes, etc.
- Store tasting programs for consumer sampling.
- Special events for product groups and categories.
- Ethnic niche programs.
- Advertising in liquor board magazines.
- Advertising in all available electronic and print media,
including the internet and related
- Press relations and event management/co-ordination